Monday 20 October 2014

A sweet dream

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was spent in Paris...lucky me! I will dedicate a post about this very soon. I had a very nice time, saw all the beautiful sights Paris has to offer and I got the chance to buy the 'real' macarons at Laduree. Quite an experience I must say. More on that soon.


As you all may remember, I have a small business called Sweetie Pies. I sell cakes, cupcakes and all things sweet from my own home. It has been a dream of mine to be able to sell my sweets at a market. To see the people that buy my cakes and get instant response, that would be awesome to me. Well last month that dream came true. I registered for a local market here in my hometown of The Hague..and I got selected! I was beyond thrilled about this! I had lots of baking to do..I made brownies, cupcakes, madeleines and five cakes. 


Two of my friends helped me out during the day, which was great. It was my first time at a market as a seller, so I had no idea what to expect. But it went so well. I got a great response and lots of compliments on both my cakes and my decoration of the stall. And an hour before closing I had already sold everything! I know now that I have to bake even more next time around. It was a great experience and I am defenitely participating again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Your booth is SO cute! Wish we lived closer so I could get some of your delicious goodies! :) I can't WAIT to hear about your experience with Laduree!

    ReplyDelete