Friday 23 August 2013

{Recipe} Strawberry curd

Hi friends! I came across an awesome recipe online: Strawberry curd. Now how amazing does that sound?! Some of my favourite things to indulge in are scones and  lemon curd. So when I saw this recipe for strawberry curd...all I thought was: I will have to try this out. But I thought I would share it with you guys too! I am sure this recipe, joined with scones and tea will be heavenly!

Recipe courtesy of CosmoCookie.blogspot.com



Strawberry Curd
Ingredients:
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch (for the Dutchies, maizena can be used instead)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons or 1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces

Directions:
In a food processor or blender pulse strawberries until smooth. Strain through a fine strainer to remove seeds. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add strawberry puree, lemon juice, and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until very thick, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Gradually add butter, whisking until melted. Let cool. Place in a jar and store in refrigerator.

1 comment: