Wednesday 18 July 2012

Places I have been: South Germany

In the late spring of 2010 me and my parents took a holiday to the south of Germany. This was going to be the first time for me to see huge mountains! I couldn't wait, when we got in the car and left home, to see them. It was a long drive, but for us the drive to the destination is always part of the holiday. We take many breaks on the way and have lunch or picnics whenever we can! So when we were finally nearing the south of Germany and I could already see some mountains in the distance, I was so happy. In the two weeks that followed I got to see many beautiful mountains and just breathtaking landscapes. We also visited Austria a few times as part of the daytrips we took. Ofcourse this post is nothing without pictures, so here wo go!












4 comments:

  1. aaah it's Königssee! I went there when I was like, 12, and I still remember the incredible color of the lake and the St. Bartholomew's church! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! It's so beautiful up there. The colors and the church were awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The mountains and scenery remind me of home (Seattle), but we (unfortunately) do not have castles of any sort. Did you get to go in any of them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsea! Yes I did, I got to visit the yellow castle. It was amazing. Unfortunately by the time we got out of that one, the other castle(the white one)was already closed to visitors. So hopefully someday we will get to go again!

    xox

    ReplyDelete